Unity Asset Store: Volumetric Fog & Mist
Volumetric Fog & Mist is a full-screen image effect that adds realistic, live, moving fog,mist, dust, clouds and sky haze to your scenes making them less dull and boring.
Simply add the main script to your camera and you're set.
Volumetric Fog & Mist is the enhanced version of Dynamic Fog & Mist (which is also included in the package) and has been designed to provide a better looking and more flexible fog, including fog areas andcloud formations with support of lighting and glow effects.
Comes with many configuration presets for quick setup & run: mist, windy mist, low cloud formation, sea of clouds, ground fog, frosted ground, foggy lake, fog and heavy fog, smoke, toxic swamp, two sand storm variations and a world edges mode.
You can customize the following features of the fog:
- Density, noise strength and scale
- Starting and maximum height, with option to follow camera height position.
- Starting and maximum distance + distance fall-off
- Alpha and albedo
- Specular color, threshold and intensity
- Light direction, color and intensity
- Wind speed and direction
- Height of sky haze, speed, noise strength and alpha.
- Fog Volumes, special areas where fog & sky haze alpha is automatically changed. This feature is useful to hide the fog under water, to make it appear automatically (with a smooth transition) when player enter certain areas, or for whatever reason you need to control its transparency automatically.
- Advanced support for the transparent and fade rendering mode of the Standard Shader. It can render behind or in front of transparent objects with a single click, but also it allows you to enable a second render pass only over the transparent objects so the fog is really drawn both behind and in front of transparent objects improving significantly the effect over this type of objects.
- Elevated Fog & Clouds! allowing to render the fog along any vertical range. For instance, you can set the Base Height of the fog above Camera position to simulate floating smoke or clouds! And even you can fly-through these cloud formations!
- Void areas. This feature is useful to show a clear area around a world space position. For instance, in a 3rd Person View, you may want to show a clear area around the character. Spherical and boxed void areas are supported and you can assign your character gameobject so the void will follow it automatically. They can also be inverted, so only fog appears inside the configured area.
- Light scattering option. Also known as god rays or sun shafts, they add even more volumetric sense to the scene.
- Automatic Sun tracking, which allows you to simply assign (optionally) a light in your scene which represents the Sun to Volumetric script so it can automatically adjust the fog specular light direction, intensity and color. Just check the video called Volumetric Fog Dawn demo for an example.
- Fog of War: clear any number of areas in the fog! Check out the Fog of War Walking demo where you cut/clear the fog as you cross it! This is done calling just a function call passing the world position, radius and desired alpha for that area. Call this any number of times for any number of positions!
- Improved handling of 2D Sprites. This release includes a custom sprite material/shader to be used with Sprite Renderer so sprites and fog blend correctly.
- Advanced control over fine-tuning and performance settings, like downsampling, edge improve and dithering gives you the best look at the best performance ever.
- Compatible with Gaia and Time of Day.
- 9 demo scenes included where you can play with the same scenarios shown in the videos below.
Note: Volumetric Fog & Mist is not compatible with mobile. Dynamic Fog & Mist, which is included in the package, is 100% compatible with mobile & VR. Both assets can be combined in the same project, so depending on the hardware specs or target platform you could enable one or another, providing the best ambient experience to your users.