Best FREE Unity Assets - Over 150 Curated Assets
Saturday, February 18, 2017 - 10:59:25 PM
This page contains a curated list of high quality FREE tools and models to kick start your Unity game - with over 150 assets and growing!
I have also started a CHEAP (less than $15) asset list - these are assets that I have either used with GAIA or that have been recommended by the community. They are particularly useful when you want to step things up a level. Who said that you needed to spend a lot of money to become productive with Unity 3D!
If you would like me to add or remove any assets from this list then please drop me a message.
- Crystal AI : A Utility based AI for C# and Unity.
- Goap : Goal oriented action planning AI in Unity.
- TopDown AI : This is an example of Top Down Shooter AI.
- RAIN AI for Unity : An incredibly powerful path finding and behavior tree based AI plugin for Unity.
- Unity Movement AI : A library of steering behaviors to help your NPCs move around your game.
- Google Analytics Plugin : Allows game developers to easily implement Google Analytics in their Unity games on all platforms.
- Animation Baker : Converts Mecanim animations back to legacy animations.
- Animated Horse : Animated horse.
- Huge FBX Mocap Library part 1 : Conversion of the Carnegie-Mellon mocap library with 2,534 mocap animations.
- Huge FBX Mocap Library part 2 : Conversion of the Carnegie-Mellon mocap library with 2,534 mocap animations.
- Huge FBX Mocap Library part 3 : Conversion of the Carnegie-Mellon mocap library with 2,534 mocap animations.
- Magic Pack : 55 awesome magic animation from mixamo.
- Melee Axe Pack : 55 mixamo animations for axe-wielding, skull bashing, dragon slaying barbaric types.
- TakeDown Animations : 12 takedowns animations package.
- GameSounds.xyz : Massive royalty free audio collection.
- InAudio 2 : Add great audio to your game in seconds with the new layered music player with crossfading and gap-less transitions.
- Julian Ray Sound Library : Over 400 sounds and growing.
- Reaktion : An audio reactive animation toolkit for Unity.
- Retro Sound Effects: 500+ 8 bit audio sound effects for retro games.
- Laser Construction Kit : Sound effects pack with a lot of high-quality scifi sounds.
- Middle Age - Medieval Action Sound FX Pack : Medieval action sound FX pack.
- Unreleased Game Music Pack : Awesome music pack from a game that never got released.
- EZ Camera Shake : A versatile implementation of procedural camera-shaking animation.
- GhostFreeRoamCamera : Free flying ghost roaming camera, in a FPS style!
- RTS camera : Best free camera asset on the Unity asset store.
- Base Helicopter Controller : Helicopter controller with realistic physics.
- Basic Weapon System : Free basic weapon system.
- SQLite4Unity3d : SQL Lite for Unity 3d.
- Debug Panel : Extended Unity console.
Development / Testing:
- Log Viewer : Check editor console logs inside the game itself even on mobile.
- Resource Checker : Shows how much memory textures take to reduce memory usage.
- Unity Test Tools : Test your game with unit test framework, integration test framework, assertion component, ide, batch and test mode runners.
- VSCode : Seamless support for Microsoft Visual Studio Code in Unity.
- 1960s Font Pack : 12 fonts with a theme from the 1960s. The fonts included are, Heavy heap, King Richard, Living by numbers, Massive retaliation, Po beef, Quixotic, Shifty chica 2, Stereofidelic, Styrofoam feelings, Velvenda, Vibrocentric, and Wee bairn.
- 1970s Font Pack : 8 fonts with a theme from the 1970s. The fonts included are, Adriator, Deluxe ducks, Hamma Mamma Jamma, Husky stash, Knuckle down, Oil crisis, Outright, and Screengem.
- Antique Font Pack : 7 fonts with antique feel. The fonts included are: Berylium, Effloresce, Interplanetary Crap, Mail ray stuff, Mob concrete, Model worker, and Night porter.
- Computer Font Pack : A computer-themed font pack containing 26 fonts. 256 bytes, 6809 chargen, Astron boy, Betsy Flanagan, Borg9, Boron, Crystal radio kit, Dignity of labour, Fabian, Failed attempt, Fake receipt, Frozdotre, Golden girdle, Horsepower, Hydrogen whiskey, Karma future, lady starlight, Lilliput steps, Minisystem, Orange kid, ParaAminobenzoic, Quadaptor, Saved by Zero, Syso chic, and V dub.
- Graffiti Font Pack : 10 fonts with a graffiti theme. Fonts included are: Birdland aeroplane, Degrassi, Graffiti treat, Hawkeye, Hello Larry, Lockergnome, Planet bensen 2, Razor keen, So run down, and Yytium.
- Grunge Font Pack : 5 fonts with a grunge theme. Included fonts are: Biometric joe, Bramalea beauty, Highway to heck, Mold papa, and Wild sewerage.
- Joystix : Joystix is a classic video game style display font created by Ray Larabie in 1996.
- Pricedown : Pricedown was originally a single weight display font released in the late 1990s. It is based on the 60s font 'Pinto Flare'.
- Pyrite : Pyrite is an angular, heavy metal display font.
- Square Font Pack : 10 fonts with a geometric theme. Braeside, Oliver's barney, President gas, Quadrangle, TInships, Unsteady overseer, Vahika, and Zeroes 1-3.
- Still Time : Still Time is a rock & roll display font created by Ray Larabie in 1999.
- Entitas : The entity component framework for Unity. Entities, pools, groups, observers.
- SteamWorks : A C# Wrapper for Valve's Steamworks API, it can be used either with Unity or your C# based application.
- uFrame ECS Pro : A visual architecture and visual scripting tool based on the industry vetted entity-component-system. It has a very familiar feel to that of Unreal's blue-prints.
- uFrame Game Framework : An MVVM/MV* framework designed for the Unity Engine. It comes with a load of features including a graphing/diagramming engine that will generate code and even process some re-factoring.
- UniRx : A re-implementation of the .NET Reactive Extensions for Unity.
- UnitySteer : Awesome autonomous agent steering framework for Unity.
- Universe : A global persistent game manager that lasts across screens.
- Weaver Lite : Strengthens the connections between your scripts and the rest of your project, allowing you to write cleaner and more reliable code.
- Zenject : Awesome looking IOC framework.
- Fungus : Easy, branching story editor. Was used in a Unity presentation some time ago.
- InputBinder : Makes it easy for components to respond to axis, button, and key input events.
- LeanTouch : Multi-platform input library for gestures (both touch and mouse).
- LeapMotion : Leap motion development page and downloads.
- TouchKit : TouchKit aims to make touch handling in Unity more sane.
- TouchScript : TouchScript is a multi-touch library for Unity. Makes handling complex gesture interactions on touch surfaces easier.
- Inventory System : The Inventory System & Editor Extension is a complete Inventory, Item and Character Sheet solution providing loads of neatly organized and documented parameters allowing full customization of UI as well as gameplay features with little to no coding.
- Cinema Themes 2 - Color Grading LUTS Library : Awesome set of free LUTS for your projects.
- Day and Night Cycle with Scattering And Movement : A simple day and night cycle system with moving clouds.
- Simple LUT Adjuster : Change colour lookup, hue, saturation, brightness, contrast and sharpness.
- Simple Light Probe Placer : A tool for helps you to easily place light probes in your scene.
- SpriteLights : Render thousands of Physically Based lights in a single batch.
- True Volumetric Lights (Open Source) : Its expensive perf wise - but the effect is just beautiful!
- Lean Localization : Simplifies localization.
- Simple Geometry Painter : A simple geometry painter
- Maze Generator : Generates complex non-cycled mazes with different algorithms.
- Mesh Baker Free : Combine meshes and textures to reduce draw calls.
- RealTime Painting : Real time mesh painting
Music & Sound:
- Free Music Archive : It's not just free music; it's good music.
- FreeSound.org : Awesome searchable sound library.
- Sonnis GDC 2016 Music Pack : 16 Gb of awesomness!
- Photon Unity Networking Free : Easily add multiplayer to your games and launch them globally with the included FREE Photon Cloud plan.
- Unity HTTP : A TcpClient-based HTTP library for Unity.
- LibNoise : A port of the LibNoise framework for Unity. Great if you are doing procedural content generation.
- Elementals : 53 fantastic Shuriken particles that are categorized to 8 kinds of element.
- Fire and Spell Effects : Flamethrower, fireballs and meteor swarms and more.
- KY Magic Effects Free : This package includes 10 free magic game effects.
- Aron Granbergs A* Pathfinding Project : One of the best path finding solutions for Unity.
- A Star Pathfinding for Unity : A* Pathfinder for Unity. It includes 3 axis path finding and multi-threading.
- AStart : Unity project for Lurendium tutorial about basics of a* pathfinding.
- OpenPath : An automated, very simple A* path finding package for Unity.
- ObjectPool : This script reduces garbage collection and therefore jitter by pooling instances.
- RecyclerKit - An object pooling system that is super easy to use from Prime31.
Post FX / Shaders:
- Ascii : Image Effect - Matrix-like post process effect
- Deferred Night Vision : AAA quality night vision effect if you're using deferred rendering.
- KinoGlitch : A collection of glitch video effects.
- KvantSpray : GPU accelerated object instancing/particle animation system for Unity. Very cool!
- Lightning Bolt Effect for Unity : Customizable lightning asset.
- Lux : open source physically based shader framework for unity.
- Melee Weapon Trail : Add "swoosh" trail effects suitable for attacks of your characters.
- Shader case Study - Pokemon Battle Transitions : Video tutorial plus shaders.
- ShaderProject : All sorts of handy shaders -
ApplyTexture, Blending, AdditiveBlending, AlphaBlending, CombineTextures, Dissolve, DiscardingFragments, FlatColor, FlatRGBColor, GeometryShaders, GrabPass, BlackWhite, Blur, GlassStained, Pixelation, PixelShifting, Tint, Zoom, Masks, AlphaMask, ColorMask, ColorAlphaMask, NormalExtrusion, NormalMapping, PostProcessing, BlackWhite, BlendModes, BrightnessSaturationContrast, DepthTexture, Overlay, Pixelation, Tint, RotationUV, RotationVertices, Shading, Diffuse, DiffuseLighting, Phong, Phong-Blinn, Silhuette, StencilBuffer, TextureAtlas, ToonShading, VertexManipulation, Flag, Scale, VolumetricExplosion, Water, Waves
- SMAA for Unity3D : Subpixel Morphological Antialiasing for Unity3D.
- Temporal Reprojection Anti-Aliasing : TRAA for Unity.
- Toon Shader Free : A free toon shader - render your 3d models in a toon style.
- Unity Cinematic Image Effects : I largely don't even bother with other PostFX packages now.
- Unity 5 Effects : Temporal screen space reflections, screen space shadows, screen space boolean, rim light, water surface and caustics, light particles, procedural modelling, metaball, temporal SSAO, mosaic field.
- EasyRoads3D Free : The free version of what is probably the best roads asset for Unity. Works well with with Gaia terrains.
Scene & Art Creation:
- Ikari Vertex Painter : Vertex painting on objects
- ProBuilder Basic : Building prototype levels easily.
- UPA Toolkit: Pixel Art Editor : Making Pixel Art inside Unity.
- FullSerializer : Easy to use and robust JSON serializer that just works.
- Kode 80 Volumetric clouds : Pretty amazing real time volumetric clouds.
- 8 Ocean HRDI's : A collection of 8 stunning ocean HDRI's for skyboxes.
- Free HDR Sky : Some sample 4k HDRI skyboxes.
- Sky5X One : A set of five free beautiful sky boxes.
- Spawner – Free : Very easy simple spawner system for unity.
- Generic Terrain Brushes : 35 Very handy terrain brushes. Useful for sculpting your terrain or painting textures.
- MiniMap (Radar) System : Simple minimap written in C#
- Procedural Cave Generator : Procedurally generate ready to use caves
- Free Seamless Textures : Free seamless textures
- Teilas Seamless Textures : More free and categorised textures.
- UnityBitmapDrawing : Bitmap Drawing API extension methods for the Texture2D class.
- Thread Ninja : This asset helps you write multi-thread co-routines with very simple script.
- DOTween (HOTween v2) : A very nice tweening library optimised for C# and nicely integrated into Unity.
- LeanTween : An efficient tween engine for Unity that offers a many features.
- Unity UI Extensions : Extension project for the new Unity UI system.
- Autosaver : Editor extension that allows for auto-saving your work.
- BitStrap : A bunch of handy utilities that allow you to bootstrap a new Unity project.
- FrameCapturer : Captures frames to pictures and videos. Supports png, gif, mp4, exr.
- Instant Screenshot : Handy screen shot taking system.
- Klak : Noise, random numbers, interpolation, extensions, image writer, procedural motion, event wiring.
- LINQ to Game Object for Unity : Traverse GameObject Hierarchy by LINQ.
- More Effective Coroutines : Memory Efficient Coroutines is an improved implementation of the standard co routines that runs blazing fast and has zero per-frame memory allocations.
- Random Duplicate : A utility to duplicate an object with random size and rotation.
- Previously Paid : A collection of previosly commercial unity assets.
- Secured PlayerPrefs : Encrypt/decrypt PlayerPrefs.
- Simple Finite State Machine : State machine designed with simplicity and ease of use in mind.
- Tiny Lab Productions Library : Awesome collection of utilities. Android utils, bitmap, promises, futures, co-routine helpers, alloc free iterators, extensions, json parser / emitter, oprion, lazy, tupe, try, unit and many more useful utilities. Well worth a look!
- Unity Color Picker : A color picker for Unity.
- Unity3D-ComponentAttribute : An attribute that let's you auto-load components.
- Unity Toolbag : A bunch of handy Unity extension utilities. Very handy.
- Zone Controller Free : Allows you to control the properties of ANY other Unity component at runtime. Create stunning and smooth transition effects on your favorite Unity components with just a few clicks. Very powerful!
- Google VR SDK for Unity : uild virtual reality applications for Android and iOS using the Google VR SDK for Unity.
- HoloToolkit-Unity : A collection of scripts and components to accelerate development of applications targeting Windows Holographic.
- Project Tango UnitySDK Examples : the Project Tango UnitySDK examples and tutorial projects for Unity 5 and above.
- Steam VR Plugin : The Steam VR plugin for Unity.
- Steam VR Unity Toolkit : A collection of useful scripts and prefabs for building SteamVR titles in Unity 5.
- The Lab Renderer : The scripts and shaders that drove rendering in The Lab for HTC Vive. Forward renderer with support for up to 18 dynamic shadowing lights in a single pass with MSAA enabled, and it included the Adaptive Quality system that dynamically adjusts rendering resolution to maintain framerate in VR.
- Newton VR : A virtual reality interaction system for unity based on physics.
- VRTK : Virtual reality toolkit, a collection of useful scripts and prefabs for building VR titles in Unity 5.
- uScript Personal Learning Edition : uScript is a fully featured visual scripting system developed by industry veterans of award-winning "AAA" games.
- Olanders Realistic Weather : Very high quality weather system from a quality developer.
- Super Powers Asset Packs : Asset packs for medieval, fantasy, ninja, prehistory, space shooters, top down shooters etc.
- 2D Rope Editor : Free 2D rope editor.
- Blacksmith : A small but quality sample from the Village Exteriors Kit.
- Cactus Pack : Pack of desert plants and rocks with hand-painted, atlased textures.
- Destroyed City FREE : Post apocalyptic city construction site.
- Free Guns Pack : Four quality scifi guns.
- Free SciFi Fighter : Beautiful spaceship fighter model.
- Free Rocks : Add realistic rocks to your game.
- Ghoul : Textured and animated.
- Industrial Objects Pack : 20 industrial props.
- Make Your Fantasy Game Lite : 60+ assets to create your own cemetery scene.
- Man in a Suit : As the name implies textured and ready for Mecanim.
- MCS Female Lite : Free MCS female character - the mcs characters are top notch!
- MCS Female Sci-Fi Bundle 01 : A bundle of sci-fi content compatible with MCS Female Lite.
- MCS Male Lite : Free MCS male character - the mcs characters are top notch!
- MCS Male Wood Elf Scout : A a selection of fantasy content compatible with MCS Male Lite.
- Mini Mike’s Mini Metros : An urban collection of over 400 low poly models for building a small city.
- Modern Russian Assault Rifle : Nice looking assault rifle.
- Modern Weapons Pack : Some excellent free weapons for your fps shooter.
- Modular Building Pack : Over 100 low poly modular building blocks.
- MYFG - Weapon Pack Lite : 20 Medieval/Fantasy weapons
- Nature Starter Kit 1 : Start creating outdoor scenes, including a simple grass texture, 4 rocks and a tree.
- Nature Starter Kit 2 : Create your own forests and meadows with this free asset pack!
- Planet Earth Free : The #1 Planet Earth Package.
- Rocks & Boulders : A free rocks and boulders pack from one of the best modellers on the store.
- Rock and Boulders 2 : Another free rock and boulders pack from Manufactura K4.
- Sci Fi Officer Captain : Mecanim ready.
- Simple Modular Street Kit : Snap together these assets to create roads in unity.
- Simple Town Lite : A simple asset pack of vehicles, buildings and props to create an urban city based game.
- Survival Starter Kit Vol1 : 40 props and weapons.
- Town Houses Pack : Collection of highly detailed low-poly 3d buildings.
- Unity-chan! : Lovely toon model from Unity.
- Watercraft Pack : Various ships, boats and other watercraft.
I hope you enjoyed this list. In return I would really appreciate it if you would also take a moment and have a look at GAIA. GAIA allows your to design your scene to suit your game - not your game to suit your scene and with over 150 different terrain stamps included plus a decent collection of game ready assets it can create anything you want in minutes. Gaia can leverage a bunch of the assets included on this page. Ahem.. and no GAIA is not free ;)